Wiz Quiz - Italy
1) Name the largest island in the Mediterranean. Sardinia, Capri, Sicily.
2) What is the capital city of Italy? Rome, Palermo, Florence.
3) Name the active volcano in Sicily. Fuji, Vesuvius, Etna.
4) Who was the first Caesar of the Roman Empire? Julius, Caligula, Claudius.
5) One of the following statements is NOT true. Vatican City is a separate principality within Italy. Vatican City is the centre of the Roman Catholic Church. Vatican City is in San Marino.
6) Who was Spartacus? a slave during the time of the Romans, a famous film star, a Roman Emperor.
7) Why is Andrea Palladio famous? invention of concrete, painting, architecture.
8) Which of the following was an Italian architect? Le Corbusier, Bernini, Oscar Niemeyer.
9) What is Bergamo? a type of flower, a style of architecture, a city in Italy.
10) Who was Fibonacci? a mathematician, a car designer, a singer.
11) What was named after Alessandro Volta? a racing bike, a dance, a unit of electricity.
12) Who was Garibaldi? a food manufacturer, a famous sculptor, a key player in the unification of Italy after the Napoleonic Wars.
13) What is Olivetti? an Italian football team, a type of olive oil, an office equipment company.
14) Where would you find zabaglione? a restaurant, a clothes shop, an office.
15) One of the following statements describes Italy's entry to the European Economic Community (now the EU). Italy was the last country to join the EU. Italy was one of the founders of the European Economic Community. Italy was an applicant to join the EU at the same time as the UK.
Click here for the answers
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).