Wiz Quiz - Italy
1) Name the largest island in the Mediterranean. Answer: Sicily.
2) What is the capital city of Italy? Answer: Rome.
3) Name the active volcano in Sicily. Answer: Etna.
4) Who was the first Caesar of the Roman Empire? Answer: Julius.
5) The following statement is NOT true: Answer: Vatican City is in San Marino.
6) Who was Spartacus? Answer: a slave during the time of the Romans.
7) Why is Andrea Palladio famous? Answer: architecture.
8) Which of the following was an Italian architect? Le Corbusier, Bernini, Oscar Niemeyer. Answer: Bernini.
9) What is Bergamo? Answer: a city in Italy.
10) Who was Fibonacci? Answer: a mathematician.
11) What was named after Alessandro Volta? Answer: a unit of electricity.
12) Who was Garibaldi? Answer: a key player in the unification of Italy after the Napoleonic Wars
13) What is Olivetti? Answer: an office equipment company.
14) Where would you find zabaglione? Answer: a restaurant.
15) The following statement describes Italy's entry to the European Economic Community (now the EU). Answer: Italy was one of the founders of the Economic European Community.
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).