Menu List of World InfoZone link referrals in African Origins
Early Man and Migration Routes
- the Lower Valley of the Awash.
South Africa Facts
- Australopithecus africanus discovered in the Sterkfontein Caves.
- Leakey family discovered fossils of Homo habilis at Olduvai Gorge.
- Homo heidelbergensis and Neanderthal man.
- Homo neanderthalensis in Gorham's Cave.
- Cro-Magnon in the Dordogne.
- Kakadu National Park inhabited 40,000 years ago.
Mandeep in Ghana: The Village
- example of gradual migration of the Fante people.
Population Movements and DNA Testing
- example of colonization and the slave trade in Africa: the Portuguese, the Dutch, the British and the French.
- origins of Polynesians. DNA testing in the Cook Islands. Thor Heyerdahl and the Kon-Tiki Expedition. Example of European exploration in the Pacific: Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, British and French.
Example of DNA Testing: the UK
The African Continent
- comprehensive study of the countries of Africa.
History of the UK
- migration, the Romans, other invasions.
United Kingdom Facts
- investigation into United Kingdom links with the world.
Resources and Further Reading
World InfoZone Newslink and country index:
Facts for individual countries.
Genome Sequencing Online