Wiz Quiz - Spain
1) What is the capital city of Spain? Answer: Madrid.
2) Which people in Spain speak Euskara? Answer: the Basques.
3) Name the city that was particularly famous for learning in Islamic Spain. Answer: Cordoba.
4) What is the earliest work of Spanish literature? Answer: El Cid.
5) Who conquered Mexico? Answer: Hernan Cortes.
6) Which Spanish explorer defeated the Incas? Answer: Francisco Pizarro.
7) This Spanish princess married Henry VIII, the English king. Answer: Catherine of Aragon
8) Which Spanish king sent an Armada to invade England? Answer: Felipe II.
9) This territory was ceded to Britain in 1713. Answer: Gibraltar.
10) Spain sold this territory to the United States and in 1845 it became the twenty-seventh State of the USA. Answer: Florida.
11) During the Napoleonic era which member of the Bonaparte family ruled Spain? Answer: Napoleon's brother.
12) Where is Antonio Gaudi's Temple de la Segrada Familia? Answer: Barcelona.
13) Who wrote For Whom the Bell Tolls, set in the Spanish Civil War? Answer: Ernest Hemingway.
14) Spain has produced a number of famous artists: El Greco, Velazquez and Picasso. Which of these artists was not born in Spain?
Answer: El Greco.
15) The Spanish introduced this Mexican drink to Europe. Answer: chocolate.
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website ©.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).